Chicago Dispatchers

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

But we will say this:

There was mention of people sleeping on zones. Doesn't that just piss you off? It surely pisses us off. If there's one thing we can't stand, it's working alone when we're supposed to have partners. If people have to fall asleep on their own watches, then they need to stop working all of those double shifts. Days, Afternoons, Midnights, you name it, any shift you're on, you've seen some people from other shifts so often that you have to wonder if they're now assigned to yours.

Either stop working double shifts and break the overtime up some (we hope that 6 hours you get at home every day includes daily hygiene methods), or stay awake instead of putting extra workload on your coworkers. The job is stressful enough already.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really pi$$es me off big time, watching my coworkers earn the same keep I am and at times 1.5X and 2x pay while I have to talk to the f*cking citizen 10x more often to answer calls, or dispatch and double check your sleepy half a$$ work. I work overtime on a fairly regular basis, I have never fallen asleep or just taken a nap for the sake of it on zone or calltaking time. If you can't work ot and hang with a 12/14/16 hr day then stop working overtime and learn to live within your means!

12 December, 2006 00:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your supervisor you do not owe the dog asleep anything

14 December, 2006 09:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as I dont have a problem with my partner napping, why do you , but it's ok for you to take a 10 minute smoke break every hour and talk constantly on your cell. Everyone breaks some rules get over it and get over your self. You're not the dispatching or call taking God you think you are

17 December, 2006 01:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather have my partner fall asleep on me then have them sit there and do nothing. At least I know I have to get everything then.

17 December, 2006 02:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this explains the slow (or no) response time I get from dispatchers for running names or plates. Thanks alot, guys. It's good to know you got our backs.

21 December, 2006 07:33  
Blogger Yahoo Mush Mouse said...

Well if it is a fact that a partner is sleeping while working is not acceptable. Maybe they should take their 1/2 hour lunch to sleep.

21 December, 2006 14:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is Myrtle still working there? Wow she could sure snore. Worked with her once on midnites and she fell asleep in the middle of giving out an RD. I swear it, she did.

26 December, 2006 21:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Chicago Dispatchers Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Law & Legal Blogs -  Blog Catalog Blog Directory